Hillsborough Gamers Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Phyrexia Discussion Thread

2 posters

Go down

New Phyrexia Discussion Thread Empty New Phyrexia Discussion Thread

Post  Sephiroth912 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 pm

Discuss what interests you most in the upcoming expansion here.

Personally a LOT of the rares look interesting to me, but I'm particularly interested in how well the Phyrexian Mana symbols are going to work as a mechanic. I personally think it's going to be mad broken but that's just me.

Also, about Karn...since I'm assuming that he's going to be banned in EDH, if someone amongst us DOES pull him, do we want to allow him to be used? And yes, I know that Shahrazad is legal, but it does not completely restart an entire game like Karn does, but rather creates a subgame between ONLY two players and resets their life to 20, not 40. The circumstances are tremendously different.
Sephiroth912
Sephiroth912
Admin

https://hcgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Phyrexia Discussion Thread Empty Re: New Phyrexia Discussion Thread

Post  Oaque Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:18 pm

I think that Karn ought to be allowed for the same reason he'll be banned--and that's the reset ability. Running a card that lets you mulligan an entire game is pretty funny in my opinion, the only drawback being potential time crunches. I'd also really like to see Shahrazad combo with Karn to create MTG Inception games.

Otherwise, I like what I've seen of the set so far, my favorite card being "Norn Annex" since it directly acknowledges that Planeswalkers exist.
Oaque
Oaque

Back to top Go down

Post  Sephiroth912 Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Lol @ MTG Inception

I think he'll be banned because of tournament play and from what I've been reading/hearing about, there's plenty of EDH players that are annoyed as HELL about it. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of him.

I like a lot of these myself. Phyrexian Canceler is my fave thus far. 5/5 for 4 mana w/ trample AND kills your opponent's permanents? It's broken as all hell! Screamwhip, Hex Parasite, and Caged Sun would have to be my other faves (really hoping I pull that last one in draft).
Sephiroth912
Sephiroth912
Admin

https://hcgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down